The processes of the food industry, besides being complex, are constantly evolving. The production line has many actors, to be controlled by a single central manager. The steps to take food since it is a commodity, on the farm or in the sea, until it is consumed, are numerous and must follow the law to the letter.
Enterprises engaged in food care to offer its customers a calm and confidence to ensure their sales and that is that without a product traceability, consumers are wary of the brand and opt for competition.
Furthermore, the application of new processes and improving current to continue to offer the same quality, but increasing market competitiveness requires: this is only possible if all operators are trained in new technologies and in the use and development of the newest processes.
ERP management software is the solution of these problems for companies engaged in food, independent of the size they are: so can be distributed efficiently and process know-how to all operators in the chain (letting the manager can delegate and pursue their own work place), thus achieving the company grows and its products have a higher quality, which results in achieving greater market share in the store or supermarket shelf Grocery.
What is an ERP management software?
It is a system of enterprise resource planning (ERP corresponds to its acronym in English, as is Enterprise Resource Planning). These systems integrate all steps of the industrial chain, both in terms of production and logistics and distribution.
Typically, these systems are not integrated or client or the general public, so they are also called "back office" to compensate, often accompanied by a "front office" system, customer service (CRM its acronym in English), which deals directly with customers.
Therefore, ERP software integrates production management, logistics, distribution, shipments, invoices and accounting. In addition, also the newest allow control on a single platform of data on deliveries, sales, payments, production, inventory management, quality processes applying each company and the management of human resources .
In short, ERP management software is a help and saving time and management costs for businesses, as it is responsible for monitoring and automation of typical and common business processes.
Why ERP software management in the food industry?
Seeing what they offer ERP management software is not hard to guess why they are needed in companies dedicated to the food sector. And it is in this area, industrial controls are even more extensive than in the other; There is much more competition and meet consumers demand product traceability from origin until it reaches your table.
So, ERP management software created for the food industry must have the wide range of raw materials with which it works, and offer the highest quality to customers.
It is also conceivable the low profit margins in the food industries move. Therefore, these businesses need a highly efficient software, which offers an optimal result of the supply chain, while checking that the life cycle of the product is right, and also to help meet the comprehensive standards, both health and legal.
Other features that typically include ERP management software created exclusively for the food industry are the formulation of ingredients (ie, the operator can know only a click preparing the product in which you are working), control Batch (to inform consumers about their traceability from the point of production of the raw material to the exhibition at the supermarket shelf) and management of advanced quality (only in this way high competitiveness will be achieved and that consumers choose a brand before others do a similar product).
Specific characteristics of ERP software management in the food industry
As already noted, ERP management software designed specifically for the food industry must have specific, distinct from other software features developed for other sectors. Only in this way will be of great help for the manager to delegate the production processes and quality relax operators can devote exclusively to the duties of their post.
- Flexibility. Each food business has some own processes, so it is necessary that the ERP management software allows quick and easy modification of the same way. Also, keep in mind that constantly appear new health regulations and that consumers are increasingly demanding to know the information regarding the products, so this flexibility must be total and the manager can create and modify processes autonomously fuss.
- Design adapted to your needs. And it is not the same foods that work with wood or metal. Therefore it is necessary that the design is intuitive and easy to handle.
- Process Automation factory. In this way the production will be optimized and compliance, both legal and health is ensured.
- Warehouse management and supply chain. At any time you can know the status of the stock, which raw materials are there and what you need to buy. To optimize stock costs are saved.
- Optimization of logistics. Transport will be improved, both receiving and shipping to end customers.
- Control of both production and quality standards, thus achieving better resource planning and production orders.
- Greater control from production to sales management and sales, both for large areas to smaller customers, in addition to knowing the customer billing, planning and monitoring of sales targets, management of advertising campaigns and marketing and all the statistics in this area.
Advantages of working with ERP software management in the food industry
And a few have been listed in the text, but point out the main advantages found companies that already work with these tools:
- Cost savings. Thanks to ERP management software can meet the surpluses and shortages of production, adjusting to euro forecast purchases to avoid over or having to stop the chain for lack of materials.
- Quick adaptation to changes. With the flexibility offered, they may adjust processes to new working methods and regulations, both legal and health.
- Know the traceability of the product at any point in the chain of production and distribution, which provides support in case you have to remove a lot of the market and being able to offer the customer all the information about what you are consuming.
- No need to be in the production hall. Usually, these tools can be managed from anywhere and any device connected to the Internet. Only a web browser is required.
- One touch interface. Thus, both chain operators and managers may attach manager easy and intuitive way to your specific needs.
- Ability to adapt menus. It is possible to adapt food for people with special needs, such as celiac disease, allergies and diabetes. The flexibility and the large amount of information stored allow all ingredients and processes, in addition to the ingredients that may have contacted the final product (but not containing).
In short, in the food business have a specific ERP management software is a great investment that pays off in a short period of time. Only in this way, companies can grow and find new market niches, as the automatic work manager is responsible.
The ERP manager is responsible for optimizing costs that operators know at all times what their work and ensure that the product will reach consumers in good condition and with all the necessary information so that customers trust the brand. Definitely a great ally to grow and improve business results.